Friday, January 11, 2008

Yarn, coffee and destruction.

Ravelry has Bob, Yarn Pixie has Lexie...
This is my mother's (spoiled like a princess) Tibetan Spaniel, Lexie. She's even got her own snow parka and bikini! Someday I'd like to actually get around to making her some sweaters or shrugs. My mother got her from a rescue shelter, I don't remember how many years ago. If I get some Lexie fans, I may try to include some pictures of her more often, maybe even some video... she talks you know. Aren't you just getting sick over how sweetly cute she is? Okay, enough about the cat-- er dog...

Thursday at the needlecraft meeting...

Peachy, me and my younger sister, Ashley.

The Thursday night staff at Espresso Connections where we meet each week.

Shirley (left) has nicknamed me "the knitting lady", she didn't know my name up until last night. I like it though, makes me feel a bit unique and memorable. I've also told Shirley about the Snuggles Project. She doesn't knit or crochet, but was really interested in donating some towels or blankets. Scott (right), I've only seen him there twice, I think he's new. I don't know him very well, but he always provides great service. I offered for him to be in the picture if he liked, because everyone enjoys being included, right?

Peachy has starting doing knit, crochet and needlepoint activities for the eldery of the facility she works in. I was very excited to hear about it and that it's going so well! She has about 10 people seriously interested and a few have even already finished projects! (I think she started about two weeks ago.) She holds the activities every Saturday and invited me to join her and share my knit and crochet expertise with her residents. What a compliment, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I'll have to see if I can make it out there once or twice a month.

The following is a picture of the needlepoint kits I donated for their activities. I got them along with a HUGE stash of pattern books and yarn that an old friend's mom gave to me. Well, I don't do needlepoint, I don't have the patience for it. If I work for countless hours on something, it better be bigger than a loaf of bread!


In other news...

Stu has now made the decision to become a super-secret-space-captain-of-a-ship-shoot'em-up-trooper-man. All this after being an assasin. I think he wants to take over the world.

This weeks video game selection is Mass Effect and... well, there aren't any others. So you'll just have to look at this one. Stu LOVES it! Last week he played Assasins Creed. He really liked that one too, but prefers this one. I personally found watching him play Assisins Creed while crocheting more entertaining.

Well, I still have yet to watch Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me with Stu and I'm already tired...

Cut! Print! That's a wrap!

No comments: