Sunday, February 17, 2008

Saturday is now my favorite day of the week.

Here's a little Valentine's Day gift from Ashley. A yummy (and adorable) cupcake, just had to get a picture before I did a disappearing act with it.

Crocheted Baby Bootie Sneakers!!!

These were SO fun to make! Gifted these to Ashley at her baby shower today. I heard things like, "Those are so adorable!" and, "Amber, did you make those?! They're so cute!" Made me feel good. *grin* You can see more pictures of these at flickr.com/photos/yarnpixie.

A sea of mini cream puffs for Ashley's baby shower.

I was up until almost 2 AM last night (this morning) making these. Ryn helped me bake the pastry, but went to bed before I got to the fun stuff. I don't blame her, it was really late. I was wondering why Stu hadn't come in the kitchen to test more cream puffs when I found that he'd fallen asleep in the living room watching TV. You know you're up too late when you're night owl fiance passes out before you're done. I had fun making them though. Everyone liked them a lot.

Couple pics from Ashley's baby shower today...

Ashley @ 8 months pregnant. This is her friend's baby, Austin (my sister, Jenn, is holding him).


Ryn loves the baby too!

I took about half an hour's worth of video of Ashley opening gifts. Yeah, youtube.com only let's you upload 10 minutes of video. Crap! So, as soon as I figure out how to share it, I will.


After the baby shower, Ryn and I had a Mommy/Daughter date and went shopping...


The new Korn CD (for Stu) - Garbage CD (for me) - 2 cell phone covers (for Ryn, left) - Mango Mandarin *yummy* Body Cream from Bath & Body Works (for me) - a pink gemstone, star shaped naval barbell (for me) - a dark red cell phone cover w/ red flames (for Stu) - a butterfly/sunflower cell phone cover (for me, far right).

Stu and my phone covers.

Ryn and I also found these matching necklaces while looking through the "Best Friends" necklaces...

Ryn's "Daughter" necklace.

My "Mother" necklace.


In other news...
Stu is also thinking about getting a website of his own. I think it would be really cool! He says it would be our website, but I kinda feel like it would be really cool for him to have something of his own, in the same sense that this blog is my thing. I don't want to take that away from him, but I'd love to make an "appearance" from time to time.

Now Playing:

2 comments:

Happily Knit said...

Adorable photos-- I love big tummies like that, they're so cute!

I also love the John Butler Trio.

: )

Amber said...

Aw, thanks so much! It tickles me pink to know that someone is reading my blog! =)