Saturday, July 26, 2008

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!



Stu and I were first in line to be seated for The Dark Night Wednesday (July 23rd). What a rad movie! (That description really doesn't do it justice, but it's the best I have.) Heath Ledger rocked!


Stu was eating his popcorn before we were even seated. I also can admit to usually eating most of my popcorn during the previews.


Eye pillow, anyone?

I had bought some cookie and muffin mixes from a girl selling them from Lehi Mill. They come in some really cute fabric bags. I washed this bag ages ago and it's been sitting in my dresser waiting for me.





I just cut the little bag in half, folded that in half (inside out), then sewed it up on two of the three open sides (Would you believe with yarn and a yarn needle? I don't own actual sewing supplies, haha. Had to sew really close together so the filling doesn't come out). I then turned it right side out, filled it about 3/4 full with uncooked, white rice, then sewed up the last end with an overhand stitch. Pop it in the freezer for a few hours and voila! Instant eye relief... well after the hours in the freezer of course. Ahhhhhh.


I whipped up this crochet blanket for a co-worker's baby. It only took me about a week and I loved the pattern! This was SO fun to make. I may make more for other baby showers in the future. But, I think I'll double the strands of yarn and up the hook size to make it go even faster.

I'm still working on Polly's blanket as well. I've now joined a group on Ravelry called Procraftination for those of us who can't seem to refrain from starting projects without finishing any others. They have monthly challenges to get as many works in progress done as you can... hope it helps me. ~blush~

Also, Ryn is coming home from her Grandmother's in Oregon next weekend. I'm excited! She told me that she got the new Miley Cyrus CD. I told her that we'd have to hang out and listen to it. I've heard a couple songs from it and really like them.

Well, I'm off to get a shower before our Saturday trip to the grocery store. I'm making taco soup for Stu tonight. =) He says I've never made it for him before... I can't believe I haven't! Taco soup is like my go to food creation.

Now Playing:
The Best of Most Haunted - Season 1

No comments: