Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ef, Just Let Me Sleep!

Yes, growing a baby is hard work. All I want to do is sleep and I feel so lazy for it. I don't even really ever want to knit or crochet. *GASP* Isn't it awful? I'm doing hardly anything these days. It's all I can muster to (try to) load the dishwasher each night and do my laundry once a week.

Well, we had a tiny bit of a scare today. I had some bleeding, but we called the hospital and they said just to take it easy and go in if it got worse. It didn't, it got better and stopped. But, I laid on the couch all day watching Harry Potty movies (Potty? Ahaha! I totally didn't mean to type that!) and sipping strawberry Crush. Stu and Ryn did the grocery shopping, Ryn made me lunch and Stu finished my laundry that was started that morning. I'm sure everything is fine (the internet can be helpful with comfort or fear). Besides, we have our first OB appointment on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone who expressed concern!

Oddly enough, the one day I felt like I had the energy to do things, I had to stay put. Go figure.

8 Weeks Pregnant
8 Weeks Pregnant

...or am I? The last ultrasound put me at 6 weeks and 5 days. So, really who knows how far I am here. The jury is still out on this one.

Maternity Wear
Mom and I got some maternity clothes from the thrift store. Good office pants are HARD to find at the thrift store!

Boy Outfit
Before we even knew I was pregnant my mom bought a couple girl things. So, when we went shopping for maternity clothes, I got a boy outfit too, considering we have no idea what it is yet... Although, Stu gave his prediction of what we'd be having on Friday night. Ryn and I made him swear on a bunch of his possesions too.

He and Ryn we're horsin' around tickling each other and he mumbled, "I'll kill you." I said, "Hey, don't threaten our daughter." He said, "Which one?" I was like, "Wha... Are you saying what I think you are?" He was. He predicted Ashley would have a girl before anyone could know and she did.

Also, my mom said it was going to be a girl and my friend Christy at work said hi to the baby once and said, "Hi baby girl! Oh! I don't know why I called it a girl, haha!"

So, we'll see.

Waiting for Baby
My mom got me this pregnancy book.

That Baby's New Threads... And Boots.
That Baby got some new boots to go with her leather jacket when Nana and I went shopping for maternity clothes.

That Baby is now in Minnesota with her mom for about three weeks for her mom's wedding. I miss them so much! I hope That Baby is doing okay, she really only knows her mom and is around a bunch of strangers. I hope they are good people as my sister is marrying into this family and I'm sure my niece will be left with them more than once while they are there. Yes, I'm a worried Auntie.

I also taught Marissa how to crochet Saturday night. Marissa is my friend Bruce's wife. It's nice to have a couple for Stu and I to hang out with. And they're usually up to hangin' out on the fly too. Gotta love that! Once she was doing well enough, I picked up my own crochet while we watched TV, then I promptly dropped the crochet and zoned on the TV and almost fell asleep a few times. I CAN'T STOP BEING TIRED!!! The boys played The World Of Warcraft boardgame. Ryn spent the night with my mom that night as my dad was out of town.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thinkin' good thoughts for you and the babe, hoping that the bleeding was NBD. I can't wait to hear all about your first OB appointment today! :)