Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Husband's A Super Hero!


A lot has been going on lately...

Been working on the sock monkey for Morgana...

Classic Sock Monkey
Last Sunday I got the rest of the body and the head done. I embroidered the eyes on, then knit and sewed the mouth on. Now it just needs arms, ears and a tail.

Classic Sock Monkey
It's even got a classic sock monkey bum! Squee!

We also went driving around to find a place closer to Ryn's school today. Kinda slim pickins. We'll keep looking though.

Earlier this week I made a black forest dump cake for a department potluck. Sorry, no pic. Everyone enjoyed it... especially an account manager for one of our clients. It was the first thing he dished up and had seconds before anyone else had really even had any, lol.

Work is going well for both Stu and I. We received word a while ago that they'd like to be rid of the temp staffing company by November. Since then, the department I worked for before I had to leave last time asked for me back. I felt bad leaving Stu in the call center and going to the fifth floor. =( But, I'm so happy to be back where I was. Then, all the temps (which is what we are) have been giving 30 second presentations to some of the executives. Stu and I did ours last week (I think). Stu did a kind of super hero poem about powers that described what the company is all about. The CEO loved it and posted it on the employee website the next day! He became a celebrity overnight. Then, just yesterday (Friday) he got hired on permanent!!! YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for him. That really made his day, especially since he's been feeling under the weather and still is today.

He feels bad that I haven't been hired yet. But, given that the second interviews or hiring are supposed to be done by the department managers and our department has A-LO-HOT of work right now and my manager's son is quite ill... hopefully she's just been too busy to get to me. I'm kinda sad too, but I'm not terribly worried. I think they'll hire me. Even if they don't, at least my hubby has a permanent job. That's stability enough for us at the moment. =)

I've been to the OB recently. I don't know if it's routine or because I'm a bit overweight, but I did a glucose test. They say my glucose levels should be 140... mine was 169. Ouch. The tech said that doesn't necessarily mean I have gestational diabetes, but they want to do a more extensive test. So, starting tomorrow, I get to eat a candy bar everyday for 3 days (yay), then Tuesday, only water after midnight, then from about 9:00 am to noon on Wednesday, I get to hang around the doctor's office for three four hours while they draw my blood every hour. And I don't get to eat until they're done. =( Hope it isn't so bad.

I was also told that I need more iron. So, Stu went and bought me spinach, raisins and juice. I need to eat one of the foods and drink some juice every evening. The vitamin C in the juice will help my body absorb the iron.

Plus, I still need to exercise (which I haven't done, bad mommy!) and watch what I eat. I gained 4 lbs. since my last appointment, but the doc said she wasn't as worried this time since the gain wasn't as rapid as last time.

Wow, being pregnant sure is a lot of work. (At least when you have medical people monitoring the whole thing and telling you what to do, lol.)

That's pretty much been our week. Wish me luck with my health and you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

rautis2 said...

Love the Monkeys progress! He looks so cool! I can't wait for the pattern! Morgana might need a cute pink one! lol! So happy for Stu and you guys! Even if they don't take you permanent at least you know you can prob work til November and then when the baby is born you wont have to worry about too much!!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Loving the monkey!

I hope the test goes ok for you. I had to have this in my 1st pregnancy twice (1 earlier, 1 later), because of my weight and my PCOS. This time I'll be having just one test. Hopefully it will be ok, as it was last pregnancy, but I'm heavier this time, so we'll have to see.

I've had to increase my iron too, dried prunes and apricots with apple juice are good!

Fingers crossed for you though.

Great news about the job for your hubby!

Jane :D

Jen said...

I also had gestational diabetes. It has nothing to do with weight. Hopefully it is not too bad, you can probably monitor with diet. Exercise can just be walking. Believe me it sure helps in the delivery process if you got stamina!
I stalk your blog and never go to Ravelry meetings. I am so excited that your pregnancy is going so great! I had the similar experience as you with the "no pregnancy, pregnancy" and just had my darling son 3 weeks ago. New babies are such blessings!
It might be okay if you don't get hired on full time so you can stay home a while with little Morgana. Cause you will want to!
Good luck with everything!