Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sneak A Peak At Our Bundle!


Here she is!


♥ ♥ ♥ Morgana Amber ♥ ♥ ♥
Born on Jan. 2, 2011, 6:31 PM
7 lbs. 15 oz., 21 inches


Went into labor early Sunday morning and she arrived after 19 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing. Thank God for epidurals! I didn't feel a thing until pushing and slept through a lot of my labor. I didn't even know I was having contractions unless someone told me or I looked at the monitor.

And here she is going home in the Santa suit her Papa (my dad) got her.

Well, first night home was pretty good I guess; less the times that it seemed all she wanted was to be held and I can't sleep holding her. She also tried to breastfeed (and did some) for like, an hour. I can't sleep then either. But, I got a good couple hours in later this moring. We're having a little trouble with breasfeeding, but getting better every day.

I usually try to be the one to get up with her even if she doesn't need fed because I have four weeks off from work, but Stu is going to have to go back to work in a couple days and I want him to still be able to sleep as much as he can. I think most times he just doesn't wake up because he'll still be snoring when she cries. But, even then, sometimes he'll hear her and get up with her for a bit and get her calmed down again. She loves her daddy. Plus, he deserves all the sleep he can get, he was a fantastic labor coach, spends lots of time hogging cuddling her and hasn't stopped praising me for what a trooper I was and how well I handled the labor and delivery.

We also got a couple space heaters to compensate for lack of heat in our townhouse. One in our bedroom (where the baby sleeps) and one downstairs for the kitchen and living room. The one in the bedroom works really good! LOL

Hope you enjoyed the pics. Wish me (and my little family) luck, our wild ride is just beginning.

15 comments:

Just-in said...

She's adorable! Congratulations! :)

Ana Reyes said...

Greetings from Spain!...She is such a beautiful tiny Pixie! Congratulations! I'm sure she will be a wonderful little person. I hope her life is full of health, abundance, love and generousity. Just like my mother born on a 2nd January 89 years ago... I've been following your blog for several months and was wondering when your little Pixie would arrive...
Lots of love and many little soft kisses for the baby!!!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations! She's absolutely gorgeous, good job mom! Enjoy lots of snuggling in time with her.

Regina said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable!!

Entwined Essentials said...

Congratulations, she's a gorgeous little girl!

Unknown said...

Wow congratulations on your precious bundle of joy.. I hope she continues to be and lets you get some sleep once in a while...Hugs from South texas.....Birgit

paula said...

Can you believe you ever lived without Morgana in your life?

It must truly take your breathe away when you look at her. She looks all peaches and cream . . .just like a wee girl should look.

Thanks for taking the time to post so we can enjoy seeing her beginnings.

Velma said...

congrats! She is beautiful!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Woo hoo - what a gorgeous little girl! Very well done to you all for doing so well!

Looking forward to seeing more of her as time goes by.

Take care,

jane xx

Gloria P. said...

Amber, Stu and Ryn congrats.....Morgana is beautiful........and if you don't mind me saying thus far she looks like her Daddy!

Amber said...

Haha, I keep telling Stu the same thing, Gloria.

Mimi said...

She just takes your breath away.What a lovely way to start a new year. You are wished such joy and happiness.

superman said...

Congratulation she's so pretty! I hope her life is full health and happiness.


Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

Jessica said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

mj said...

Ooohh... She's so cute!



Alaska Hunting Guides