Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

The day before Christmas Eve was a bit busy...

Split Pea Soup
I made split pea soup. One of my knit friends held a meeting a her house and served this delicious soup. Hubby and Teen Miss loved it! I will definitely be making it again.

Blue's Clues
Little Miss watching Blue's Clues on the laptop while I make pfeffernuse.
Blue's Clues

Grandma's Pfeffernuse
I probably mentioned it last year, but... My Dad's Mom passed away last year from cancer. She would mail some of these cookies to my parents' house every year for Christmas. I thought this Christmas cookie tradition shouldn't die with her. So, I got the recipe from my Mom and made them last Christmas. This is my second year making them.

Grandma's Pfeffernuse

Knit Belly Bunny
I had accidentally made an extra square in each color for Morgana's blanket, so I made a bunny out of garter stitch squares! His ears are the squares folded in half into a triangle and the end of each ear is open. Little Miss likes to shove her hand in there, lol. I think I'll wrap him up and put him under the tree from me tonight.

Knit Belly Bunny
Uhhh... there's someone in my project shot.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Everything looks great. The cookies look delicious; I think it's great that you are going to carry on a tradition like that. :) The bunny is super cute.

Merry Christmas!